ULTA Beauty Merchandise and Service Coordinator-Carson Valley Plaza-Carson City, NV in Carson City, Nevada
The Merchandise and Service Coordinator (MSC) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values and contributing to a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The MSC reports to, and supports, the Retail Operations Manager (ROM). S/he supervises a team of task associates and is accountable for supporting the operations of a retail store, including, but not limited to, the shipment process, physical inventory, and all other inventory-related functions. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, inventory results, and operational compliance), people (training and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for operational excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to quickly and efficiently lead through unforeseen complexity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
The MSC is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, inventory, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity and complete task workload (e.g., daily tasks, shipment, and inventory processes) on time, and within the payroll budget.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service through the execution of tasks that drive product availability, newness, and the option for a self-navigated shopping experience.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and inefficient processes, and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Establish professional vendor partnerships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on shipment expectations.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by leading by example, sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1-2+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant work experience
- Financial management:success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Retail management:proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives
- Leadership management:experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, part-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Date Posted: 10/10/2017
Address: Store 647 - 911 Topsy Lane
City: Carson City
Category: Retail Management