Boyd Gaming DIRECTOR TEAM MEMBER SERVICES in Las Vegas, Nevada
Responsible for the overall direction, management and professional development of Team Member Services and staff. Create, appropriately define, and communicate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to properties and other key stakeholders. Ensures SLAs and KPIs are accurately tracked to maximize and improve services. Key communicator with property and corporate Human Resources regarding SLA performance and to ensure correct operating procedures are adhered to.
- Develops and coordinates strategies, programs, policies and procedures encompassing various aspects of the shared services business model.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends in Human Resources, Benefits, and shared services, as well as application of lean approaches to drive higher efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
- Ensures that all services are performed in accordance with departmental and company policies, practices, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains attention on standardization, continuous process improvement, and performance management.
- Inspirational team leader focused on people, leadership, and development.
- Implements new procedures which reflect changes in company objectives.
- Recruits, hires and recommends qualified internal and external candidates for open positions to maintain staffing needs within Team Member Services.
- Creates and updates process workflows and drives process improvement. Leverages technology tools.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to proactively support services and translates these into achievable action plans and deliverables. Resolves problems or discrepancies; keeps the shared service leader informed.
- Monitors KPIs and SLAs to ensure metrics are met and appropriately defined to evaluate performance of staff.
- Drives and facilitates career development, competency development, and individual development plans. Manages new team member integration process and skills development using coaching and continuous feedback.
- Promotes, develops, and maintains effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationships with internal customers, including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- Identifies and presents recommendations to leadership to increase process efficiency.
- Performs all functions with the highest level of integrity and adheres to a high level of confidentiality when needed.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five (5) years of Human Resources management experience required.
- Benefits experiences preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable of HR and Benefits concepts, policies, and procedures, with clear understanding of legal compliance requirements and employment-related laws, both federal and state level.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications and proficiency with HRIS systems.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
Communication: Believes in the importance of keeping others informed. Spends time clearly defining expectations.
Excitement: Helps people feel good about themselves and their work. Displays a high level of energy, intensity and enthusiasm.
Management Focus: Seeking the exert influence by being in positions of responsibility, taking charge and leading and directing the efforts of others
Strategic: Taking a long-range, broad approach to problem solving and decision making through objective analysis, thinking ahead and planning
Innovative: Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
Department: Shared Services - Team Member Services
Category: Human Resources
Position Code: BGEDRTM00
Status: Full Time