Apex Systems, Inc QC Microbiology Technician (792066) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Quality Control Microbiology Technician needed for a well established Las Vegas area food and beverage company. This is a contract-to-hire position starting ASAP. The position will be working 1st shift, Monday - Friday approximately 6:00 am - 2:30 pm with occasional weekends.
To contribute to customer satisfaction by assuring that company products meet and exceed quality standards by working with other departments to ensure that products consistently remain within quality specifications by performing various analytical tests and checks audits. Microbiology testing and additional lab testing will be performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Test each batch for analytical and sensory conformance to specification acid, salt, viscosity and color; making sure that they are in specification
• Test filler before each line start up
• Perform finished product hourly analytical, pH, and sensory testing
• Trouble-shoot any product and packaging issues including giving corrections to batches that are out of specification
• Microbiological testing to include traditional pour plates and 3M petri film
• Solution prep and dilutions of samples to be plated
• Place non-conforming products on QC hold
• Collect samples for product Quality review, retains, and micro-lab testing
• Inspect labels, codes, and weights on finished products for conformance to quality standards to make sure that they meet quality standard
• Collect raw materials samples for micro-plating
• Calibrate lab equipment daily or as needed. Acid and salt titrators daily
• Prepare lab weighs to formula specifications
• Ensure proper changeover procedures are followed
• Inspect and approve all washouts to processing and packaging equipment including pre-op inspection and swabbing equipment when necessary
• Inspect and approve product over-night holdovers for compliance to procedure
• Monitor personnel for compliance to GMP and SQF policies and procedures
• Verify packaging personnel perform HACCP procedures properly
• Monitor Packaging rework for proper codes and packaging
• Monitor Processing rework for accurate use
• Verify finished product temps prior to shipping
• Ensure customer specific requirements are achieved including any additional tests or documentation
• Monitor and document temperature controlled environments
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
• Ensure all products meet specifications and if not ensuring that product is placed on hold
• Following all company Security. SQF and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of processing and packaging areas for any possible product contamination issues
• Follow the Emergency Work Order policy for any work done that has a possibility of product contamination, and ensuring Maintenance is following all procedures
- AAS or BS preferred but Not required (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field) OR equivalent industry experience in a food/GMP related industry
- Food industry experience in a lab, manufacturing, or QA/QC department a plus
- Looking for self motivated people with "Spark" to see what needs to be done and go do it without prompting. Fast paced environment, need team player who will keep their co-workers informed on everything going on and have integrity to stand-up for their data. This is a fun work place with dedicated employees!
Flexibility to cover hours between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm will be called upon occasion.
apply today to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.