IGT Senior Accountant, Consolidations in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 16715BR
Job Posting Title Senior Accountant, Consolidations
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
IGT is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "IGT." Our holding company headquarters are in the United Kingdom, with operating headquarters in Rome, Italy; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Providence, Rhode Island. We deliver best-in-class products and services to legal, regulated public and commercial gaming operators across 100 countries on six continents. We attract the industry's top talent, with 13,000 employees across the world. Careers at IGT can be highly stimulating and rewarding. We keep our people focused and challenged, while offering training and development programs to encourage a culture of continuous learning.
Looking for an individual to become an integral part of the North American Gaming consolidations group, with responsibility as liaison between Corporate Accounting and IGT subsidiaries. This includes preparing and distributing profit elimination entries, assisting in the reconciliation of intercompany accounts, providing US GAAP accounting guidance, ensuring proper re-measurement and translation of foreign subsidiaries, and scheduling and conducting monthly quarterly meetings with assigned subsidiaries. This position will also assist in preparing accounting entries related to the NV SAP companies including intercompany debt and investments, and the foreign currency hedging program. Successful candidate will be able to understand, perform, and analyze complex accounting transactions (like consolidations), produce and analyze financial statements, and implement solutions to accounting problems. This position will have some responsibility related to SAP maintenance including the chart of accounts and profit/cost centers. Candidate will build successful relationships with subsidiary controllers and co-workers at all levels of accounting and finance staff at the subsidiaries and in the Reno office. Ad hoc reporting and special projects will be assigned.
First Year Goals
After the first year, selected candidate will display expertise in preparing, analyzing, and troubleshooting profit eliminations. Candidate will also become well-versed in the corporate management reporting structure and will be able to prepare, analyze, and troubleshoot consolidated financial statements.
Candidate will also develop productive working relationships with Accounting and Finance business partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 5 years accounting or related experience
• Analytical skills and technical GAAP knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced PC skills with emphasis on spreadsheet/database applications
• Ability to generalize classes of problems and devise and implement solutions
• Must be able to perform technical projects from start to finish with little input from Manager
• Advanced degree and/or applicable professional license (i.e. CPA)
• Experience with SAP
• Experience with corporate consolidations
Special requirements needed Security Investigation
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran