Harley-Davidson Accountant in Carson City, Nevada
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping us create the company we want to be. And for our employees and H-D community it’s done through being fair, honest, positive and creative. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Ride with us and make it legendary.
HDFS’ Carson City, Nevada office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It’s where HDFS first established its roots in 1992. It is also home to Eaglemark Savings Bank, the Company’s lending institution, where all loans are funded. Carson City employees represent the loan origination and servicing business units including Collections, Funding, Underwriting, Dealer Services, and HDFS’ Cycle Insurance business unit. There are also employees who work in Accounting, Legal, Global Information Services, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, and Compliance who call this office home. Join our team as aAccountant.
This position will be responsible for performing general accounting functions and the financial reporting for various subsidiaries and the consolidated company.
- Creates and posts daily and monthly journal entries and prepares daily and monthly accounting reconciliations
- Assists in the monthly accounting close including, preparing monthly detail reports and analysis of monthly account balance fluctuations
- Performs general ledger maintenance as necessary
- Assists with ad-hoc financial reporting requests, external and internal audits
- Assists with testing of system patches and upgrades
- Researches current technical guidance to ensure accounting methods are GAAP-compliant and to provide periodic technical update summaries to management
- Assists in the preparation of year-end financials and other regulatory reporting
- Assists financial analysts as needed in preparation and analysis of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff in various departments
- One year of public accounting experience
- SAP, accounting software, experience is a plus
- Experience with financial services companies is a plus
- General ledger experience is a plus
- Financial reporting experience is a plus
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Auto req ID: 7329
Job Function: Finance
Location: CARSON CITY
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno
Job Segment: Developer, Bank, Banking, ERP, Law, Technology, Finance, Legal