Carson Tahoe RN - Surgery Mica Drive in Carson City, Nevada
RN - Surgery Mica Drive
Job Code 464
Carson Tahoe Surgery Center (02) 7421
Per Diem · Variable shift · 12 hour shift
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 19 regional locations. Voted 5thmost beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
The Registered Nurse in the Operating Room is responsible for managing the care of the pediatric and adult patient requiring a surgical procedure that requires moderate to complex assessments, interventions and levels of nursing vigilance. Provides direct patient care and other nursing services to patients and their families/significant others by applying and documenting the nursing process; assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. He/she will practice within the scope of the Nevada Nurse Practice Act. Decisions and actions are guided by the ANA Code for Nurses. He/she will uphold the standards, policies and procedures as established by Sierra Surgery and Imaging. Must be able to take call, work overtime, rotate work schedules, and/or work shifts and perform other duties as assigned.
1 + year perioperative nursing experience within the past two years; scrub and/or circulate experience mandatory.
Active Nevada Registered Nurse license required.
Current BLS certification required, ACLS certification required.
Additionally, the RN should strive for professional certifications, including but not limited to CNOR and CRNFA.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
· Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
· Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing,kayaking, hunting and fishing
· Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
· We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping andhome to the University of Nevada Reno.
· Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
· No State Income Tax
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth, Paid Time Off
· 100% Vested 401K & Roth with Company Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Referral Bonuses
· On Site Education & Certification Programs