Albemarle Corporation Maintenance Manager in Coaldale, Nevada
Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for enabling the safe and reliable operation of mechanical and electrical equipment, and all associated facilities, through the application of world class maintenance principles and practices, directing the following functions and activities: Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Testing & Inspection, and Mechanical Excellence.
- Lead the maintenance team to zero injuries and zero major incidents.
- Observe employee work practices and equipment, see that safety policies are followed at all times.
- Remedy unsafe conditions and conduct safety meetings each month with department personnel.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of plant and playa equipment and facilities.
- Develop and implement the plant mechanical integrity program.
- Oversee maintenance personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Work closely with production and playa personnel so that proper scheduling of maintenance work meets the demands of maintaining an efficient operation.
- Train and develop maintenance personnel in the safest and most economical methods of doing their work and to continuously improve their skills.
- Define maintenance objectives and develop departmental budget to attain objectives.
- Measure, monitor, track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure attainment of maintenance objectives. Use KPI's to set and achieve Improvement objectives.
- Remedy conduct that may impair production, efficiency, morale or safety performance.
- Work with senior leads to schedule work and assign personnel as required.
- Implement preventative / predictive maintenance through maintenance software for the issuance and carrying out of work orders.
- Maintain equipment repair records, as well as preventative maintenance records.
- Oversee the maintenance of all ISO 9002 Policies and Procedures pertaining to the Level III Maintenance Department.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but other engineering degree with appropriate experience will be considered.
- Ten or more years of experience in maintenance management or maintenance engineering.
- Previous experience in process industry preferred but not required.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management. Knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations impacting the work place is essential. The application of safe work practices in the maintenance of equipment and facilities require a working knowledge of OSHA and MSHA regulations, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Hazard Communications, and environmental regulations impacting the site.
- Maintenance Management. Expertise in applying Key Performance Indicators to measure and improve maintenance performance. Ability to manage multiple projects with varied priorities and drive them to closure.
- Technical Knowledge. Experience and knowledge of the design, selection, and application of process equipment such as exchangers, vessels, centrifugal pumps, agitators, and compressors. General understanding of Engineering Standards and Specifications. Knowledge of pump hydraulics, seals, and troubleshooting. Knowledge of material selection and corrosion. Knowledge of preventive and predictive technologies like vibration analysis, oil analysis, and thermography. Knowledge of best practices for fixed equipment inspections.
- Preventative / Predictive Maintenance. Experience managing routine maintenance activities as well as efforts utilizing nondestructive testing and measuring techniques to determine equipment status before breakdown occurs. Working knowledge of tools and techniques including vibration monitoring and analysis, infrared inspection, sound detection, oil analysis, and performance testing.
- Inventory & Procurement. MRO inventory and purchasing management experience preferred. Understanding of the impact on maintenance productivity resulting from inefficient MRO inventory and purchasing systems essential.
- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling. Knowledge of maintenance work practices like planning and scheduling, rigging, pipe fitting, welding, alignments, lubrication, and work order handling. Ability to plan maintenance work, create and adhere to a schedule, and coordinate efforts of the maintenance department with operations team.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. Functional use of the corporate computer systems including use of SAP modules for maintenance, projects, and purchasing, and competence utilizing other software tools including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Maintenance Training & Work Cultures. Experience defining training requirements and implementing the necessary training to ensure maintenance team members have the skills and knowledge required to accomplish departmental objectives. Ability to build and sustain a maintenance culture that attains the highest standards of quality, efficiency and safety.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance. Knowledge and experience with the application of detailed Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), including analysis of system failure probabilities and reliability calculations, to determine the most effective maintenance approach.
- Total Productive Maintenance. Ability to work with operations personnel to empower them and encourage their proactive involvement in the maintenance of their equipment. Expertise in the measurement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and its application as the key metric and tool to maximize the operational efficiency of plant equipment.
- Project Management. Knowledge and experience with the capital project process including scope development, cost estimating, engineering design, procurement, construction, and cost management.
- Leadership. Must be self-motivated, organized, trustworthy, empathetic, and optimistic. Required leadership skills include setting goals, establishing priorities, and assessing performance. Critical to success is the ability to inspire and empower the maintenance team, effectively assign work duties, and provide the necessary resources to the team.
- Interpersonal Relationships. An essential skill is the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all stakeholders. Good interpersonal skills require active listening, honest and frequent feedback, and a positive attitude.
- Problem Solving. Strong technical and problem solving skill for mechanical design, root cause failure analysis, and maintenance. Success requires critical thinking skills including the ability to make clear and reasoned judgements, the ability to process a large amount of information quickly, and making timely, effective decisions.
- People Development. The successful maintenance manager will work with team members to identify areas for improvement and will provide the requisite training and development. Team success will depend on the manager's ability to share information, ideas and experiences to build a strong knowledge base.
- Time Management. An essential skill is the ability to manage activities to efficiently accomplishing results rather than just getting stuff done. This skill requires the ability to plan daily activities, manage priorities, and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Teamwork. Good motivational skills; ability to influence and manage change; ability to work well with Operations in a team environment. Must be able to recognize the different strengths in individual team members and foster a working environment that encourages collaborative team efforts.
- Adaptability. The lithium industry is in a period of rapid growth and technological development. Accordingly, the maintenance manager will be expected to drive positive change and must be open to new ideas, new ways of working and new technologies. Success will depend on the manager's ability to learn new skills, adopt new technologies, and implement innovative solutions.
- Six Sigma experience and training are a plus.
- Training in root cause failure analysis and maintenance planning & scheduling are a plus.
- Training and experience with SAP maintenance module is a plus.
Education:Bachelors, Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering (Required)
Language:English (Required)Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled