Wolf Creek Federal Services AIR SERVICES TECHNICIAN in FALLON, Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:**
Responsible for parking, fueling, servicing and launching a variety of military and civilian aircraft.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Operate a 10k forklift and 25k K-Loader to load and unload cargo from aircraft and ensure the forklift is operational.
- Provide maintenance support on six (6) E-28 Arresting Gear, four (4) MK-8's, two (2) PAPI Systems, and S.E. Gear.
- Operate "follow me" vehicles and use radio equipment to communicate with the control tower.
- Respond to emergencies as dictated by the controlled Tower.
Perform other related duties as assigned. Accountable for:**
Accuracy and timeliness in processing material requests within own department.
- Tools and equipment within his or her possession.
- Using PPE when required.
- Timely, cost-effective performance of duties and maintaining good housekeeping of terminal.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
Adherence to all Safety and Health rules and regulations. Mandatory**
Minimal 3 years flight line experience with a basic knowledge of E-28 Arresting Gear and MK-8 Optical Landing System.
- Maintain the ability to communicate orally with both higher and lower echelon military and civilian personnel.
- General knowledge of hand tools, small engine repair, and/or electrical theory preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Government Yellow license for the equipment needed on the Transient Line.
- Possess a valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to comprehend, read, speak and write proficiently in the English language.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations. TEMPORARY POSITION TO LAST APPROXIMATELY 2 MONTHS.
Primary Location: US-Nevada-FALLON
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NV010253
Req ID: NV010253