RMCC Cancer Center LLC Billing Specialist/Coder - CBO in Henderson, Nevada
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada has an exciting opportunity for a Billing Specialist at our Central Business Office in Henderson, NV. The Billing Specialist works within a team to prepare, submit and review claims under general supervision.
The essential functions for the Billing Specialist include the following:
- Resolves routine and non-routine patient billing inquiries and problems
- Collects patient documentation and charts for claim submission
- Ensures claim forms are completely and accurately filled out
- Updates and maintains patient billing data and ensures documents are current
- Reviews patient charts for completeness
- Contacts clinical staff for clarification on procedures or diagnosis and on missing information
- Enters charges, processes, and submits insurance claims to third party payer
- Completes data entry of the charges into Practice Management System
- Completes review of interface transactions and resolution of TES edits
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regard to patient’s records and collections
- Responsible for maintaining current billing, coding, and standard operating procedure (SOP) files as a desk reference
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in Finance, Business or four years of revenue cycle experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years medical billing and payment specialist or equivalent experience required
- Medical coding experience required
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and third party claims processing required
- CPC Preferred
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have a passion for working with and providing assistance to patients.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.