Touro College Faculty, Physiology in Henderson, Nevada
Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking candidates for a full-time Physiology faculty position in the Department of Basic Sciences. This position is a 12-month appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with primary teaching responsibilities and opportunities to conduct original research/scholarly activities.
Physiology faculty are part of the Department of Basic Sciences in the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM), and report directly to the Chair of Basic Sciences and the Dean of the COM. The Department of Basic Sciences supports multiple programs at the University in both the COM and College of Health and Human Services (CHHS). Faculty members are expected to teach courses in one or more of the following programs: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Masters of Medical Health Sciences, and Masters of Physician Assistant Studies. In addition, faculty are expected to participate in University service, and are strongly encouraged to conduct original research and/or scholarly activity and pursue extramural finding in their area(s) of interest. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
• Deliver lectures in Physiology for DO, PA, and MHS Program students.
• Participate in and/or facilitate TBL, Clinical Integrated Sessions (CIS), or similar active learning sessions.
• Prepare guidelines and materials for Directed Self-study Assignments (DSA)
• Author original questions congruent with learning objectives for formative and summative exams. Questions should be of the quality and design consistent with national licensure exams such as the USMLE, COMLEX, PANCE, etc.
• Actively participate in curriculum design, development and evaluation.
• Applicants must hold a PhD, DO/MD, or other equivalent terminal degree in the biomedical sciences.
• U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
• Proven experience in teaching, with preference given to candidates with experience teaching in medical or other graduate level health sciences programs.
• Must have evidence of productivity in research or other scholarly activities.
• Experience in research methods as applicable to the continuum of undergraduate and graduate medical and health care education.
• Experience assisting with the design, implementation, and mentorship of student-driven scholarly investigations and research projects.
• Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent presentation/public speaking skills.
• Be able to work effectively and collaboratively with COM and CHHS faculty within TUN, as well as with external collaborators.
Requisition ID: 2020-6552
Schedule Shift: Day
Hours Per Week: 38
External Company URL: https://tun.touro.edu/
Street: 874 American Pacific Drive