Atkins North America Senior ITS/Traffic Project Manager in Henderson, Nevada
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Henderson, Nevada team as a Senior ITS / Traffic Project Manager.
* Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of highly unconventional projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements.
* Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
* May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
* Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
* Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices.
* Experience with major ITS design/build desirable.
* Experience with leading staff is required.
* Experience with Nevada DOT a plus.
* Familiarity with the Nevada market and relationships within the Nevada market is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
* PE license is required; Nevada PE license preferred
* PTOE certification is desired
* PMP certification required within one year of assuming this position
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an EOE/ Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.
Please view the Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: