Wyndham Destinations Activities Associate - Desert Blue in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Activities Associate is responsible for organizing and executing a variety of recreational activities for resort guests. In coordination with the Activities Supervisor, this position will require the ability to operate all guest activities and related areas including but not limited to: activities center, movie theater, fitness center(s), pool(s) and cabanas, banquet room(s), tanning rooms, outdoor games and beaches. The Activities Associate is responsible for providing Count On Me service by consistently creating and enhancing experiences for owners and guests.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide Resorts Activities to Guests. Responsible for creating, planning and executive guest activity programs for the Resort (i.e., arts & crafts, pool games, aerobics movie night, karaoke, outbound trips to local attractions, BBQ, miniature gold, etc.). Monitor, supervise and assist guests while in the Activity Center. Promote and sign up guests for resort activities. (75% time)
2. Perform Area Audits. Conduct and record inspections of related activity areas in compliance with company standards and requirements. Manage a cash bank following proper cashiering procedures as per internal audit directives (when applicable) (15% time)
3. Attend Training & Meetings. Attend resort and company trainings and meetings. Complete required training as required by company standards. Complete all duties as assigned (5% time).
4. Consistently provide Count on Me Service by practicing the Sequence of Service Steps. Be aware of and handle guest and employee safety and incident issues as they occur. (5% time).
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation – or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com at http://careers.wyndhamdestinations.com/ . Our world is your destination.
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• May include depending on location: Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid Certification, Alcohol Awareness Card, Food Server Health Card, Valid Local State Driver’s License
c) Knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
• Able to organize and facilitate group activities
• Must possess a high level of creativity and a customer service mind-set
• Facilitate positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrative attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgment.
• Knowledge of general resort services
• Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays to meet resort operating demands
d) Technical Skills
• Ability to drive large vehicles, shuttles and/or vans.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Micros.
• Ability to learn new programs such as company reporting and associate timekeeping
• Ability to use radio and telephone communication devices and awareness of related etiquette.
e) Job experience
• 1 year experience in customer service or recreation
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.