Robert Half International AP / AR Collections Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
Robert Half Finance has an exciting opportunity for a diverse Accounts Payable (AP / Accounts Receivable (A/R) Collections professional at a growing company. In the AP / AR Collections Specialist role, your responsibilities will include entering, posting, and reconciling batches, researching and resolving customer A/R issues, preparing aging report, placing billing and collection calls, maintaining a cash receipting journal, and updating, and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L as well as collections. The team is growing quickly and needs a self-starter to become part of the accounting team! Paying close attention to detail, you will process full-cycle AP and handle multiple invoices per week. If you want great career growth potential and an impressive benefits package, this company could be for you. The AP / AR Collections Specialist role will be based in the Las Vegas, Nevada region and is a full-time employment opportunity.
AP / AR Collections Specialist Key responsibilities
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Audit and process credit card bills.
· Assist with 1099 maintenance and reports.
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
· Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
· Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
· Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal ID numbers; schedule and prepare checks; resolve purchase orders, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insure credit is received for outstanding memos; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
· Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; prepare checks.
· Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Assist with other projects as needed.
· 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
· Must have a strong work ethic
· Must be detail oriented and manage time efficiently
· Must be well organized and a self-starter
· Must be able to lift at least 20lbs
· Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages and multiplication quickly and accurately
· Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
· Ability to maintain regular attendance
· Ability to remain composed during stressful situations
· Working knowledge of MAC computers and proficient in Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
· Successful completion of a background check
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Date Posted: February 12, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03100-0011704965
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance