Wyndham Worldwide Assistant Maintenance Manager - Las Vegas Blvd Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant Maintenance Manager - Las Vegas Blvd Resort
Assistant Engineering Manager (video)
The Assistant Engineering Manager serves as a supporting role to the Engineering Manager. He/She will partner with the Engineering Manager in the leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the Engineering Department in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. The Assistant Engineering Manager will oversee daily operations of the Engineering Department; provide supervision and direction of engineering technicians; perform safety inspections; maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the engineering operation of the resort : Assist the Engineering Manager with management of the Engineering department and vendor operations. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals and ensure your area of responsibility meets all company standards. Provide direction and supervision of the Engineering Technicians for daily operations of the engineering department. Identify process improvements and best practices; ensure all compliance standards are met; demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. (40% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships : Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Exercise the ability to retain staff through coaching and development. Partner with Human Resources to ensure the department is compliant and meeting all work related standards. (35% time)
3. Manage and support all financial aspects of the engineering department: Collaborate with the Engineering Manager on Engineering Department financials, forecast and manage engineering budget, and monthly P&L reports. Ensure the engineering department meets all Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards. (10% time)
4. Build strong working vendor/contractor relationships and knowledge of HOA : Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors for resort and capital projects. Request and receive bids for presentation to resort management. Understand governing statues and board meeting procedures. (5% time)
5. B uild the count on Me Culture. Support and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate departments and colleagues as necessary. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed . (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent required
BA/BS degree preferred
b) Training requirements
Certification in HVAC, electrical, plumbing is preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
Knowledgeable use of general Engineering tools and equipment
Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure).
Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
d) Technical Skills
Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
Key systems, Property
Power Tool operation and
Pumps and mechanical motors
Valid driver’s license
e) Job experience
Three years of related work experience
Two to five years of supervisory or management responsibility
Three or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing
Primary Location: United States of America-Nevada-Las Vegas
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: May 9, 2018, 11:14:16 AM
Requisition ID: 1807390
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.