WestCare Careers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Position Summary: Working as part of a collaborative care team, the person in this position will assist individuals with identify challenges to sustained healthy parenting to obtain health, residential, financial and social services resources to assist in supporting identified needs, provide needs assessments and develop and participate in care management plan development and implementation. Will advocate on the individual’s behalf for services needed, link with other agencies and internally for services, and refer as needed. Participates in treatment plans and provides advisory and consultative services related to programming.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess need and make decisions regarding the delivery of the appropriate individual, group and family supportive services both internal and external.
- Assist Program Manager with interviews and make assessments of potential clients to determine need and appropriateness for program participation and referrals.
- Analyze situations and take necessary actions to provide crisis intervention. Interpreting and implementing WestCare procedures regarding crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess client behavior.
- Provide input into Individual Treatment/Service Plans.
- Report to immediate supervisor any unusual or reportable incidents that should be brought to the attention of the Program Manager, or regulatory agency.
- Participate in decision to refer clients for ancillary services, i.e., family support groups, continuing care groups, etc.
- Attend all interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and establish parameters for discharge planning. Collaborate and engage with community resources to proactively prevent domestic violence, child welfare system involvement and promote sustained healthy relationships by addressing immediate needs of all program participants.
- Educate and refer individuals to community agencies and businesses that appropriately address their needs for food, shelter, clothing, employment, transportation, etc.
- Assist with establishing or re-establishing family and community support systems
- Act as advocate to improve access to needed services
- Participate in clinical staffing decisions regarding the individual’s current strengths and resources and their need for additional resources
- Complete documentation of services in a timely manner in the electronic health record
- Provide input into the patient’s treatment needs and disposition
- Assists other staff as needed in a collaborative manner to promote cooperation and portray a professional image to the community.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation
- Valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance;
- Ability to pass first level and NABS background clearance
- BA in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling preferred or working towards a degree in social work with comparable years of qualifying experience which must include at least 3 years of experience working with individuals with behavioral health disorders.
_Experience and Competencies:_
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a manner that is pleasant and professional.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to operate a computer and complete documents in Microsoft Word program formats.
- Ability to respond as needed to crisis situations in an efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to seek out new work projects and contribute ideas and efforts to the constant improvement of WestCare services.
- Depending on state requirements, may require a social worker license or similar state license.
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
- Work is performed in multiple community based settings including the individual’s place of residence.
- A minimum of 40 hours per week are expected but significantly more hours will be required from time to time. Completion of job duties may require working before and after normal working hours. Regular attendance is required. Being able to work as many hours as is necessary to complete job tasks is a required and essential duty of this position.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
The employee must be able to perform the following essential duties and activities with or without accommodation:
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office, residential, or outdoor environment including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds. Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files). Requires the ability to defend oneself and clients in physically abusive situations through the use of approved physical de-escalation techniques.
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, patients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions and to observe client behavior and activities in and out of the facility
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to human blood, body fluids or tissues. However, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions.
- Requires the ability to work under stress and in emotionally charged settings.
- The ability to defend oneself and clients in mentally/verbally abusive situations through the use of approved mental/verbal de-escalation techniques.
Job Location: Las Vegas - 5659 Duncan Drive - Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Undisclosed