CSL Plasma Customer Service - Donor Support Technician in Las Vegas, Nevada
With operations in 35+ nations and 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring (http://www.cslbehring.com) is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma (http://www.cslplasma.com/careers) , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Job Description Summary
Responsible for preparing the donor, donor area and equipment for the pheresis process.
- Prepares the autopheresis machine for the pheresis process.
- Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
- Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
- Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
- Uses PDA to link equipment and soft goods used in the pheresis process to the appropriate donor.
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience Minimum of three (3) months’ work experience, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be able to perform basic math calculations
Working Conditions (physical & mental requirements) Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
Worker Sub Type:
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement