WMS Gaming Inc. Intern - Financial Analyst/Hyperion Analyst in Las Vegas, Nevada
Intern - Financial Analyst/Hyperion Analyst
Job ID #:IRC12259Location:Las Vegas, NV
Position Type:Intern/Open Ended
This internship postion will be a temporary position with an emphasis on on-the-job training. The financial analyst will help create financial analyses and support to various SG Business Units. He/she will learn the financial reporting tools to support the business units in budgeting and forecasting of revenue, capital, and operational expenses.
• Day-to-day department responsibilities (reporting, variance analyses, budget presentation prep)
• Leverage Hyperion and Essbase to analyze large volumes of information and condense into meaningful and actionable highlights
• Assist with key project(s)
• Recommend process improvements
• Gain valuable work experience and prepare for future career
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university in Finance, Business or a technology field
• Proven track record of delivering quantifiable results
• Strong analytical skills and good intuition when reviewing data to identify areas of opportunity
• Drive to deliver quantifiable results
• Ability to multi-task, use good judgment to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Skill in building trusting relationships and partnerships throughout the organization
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated clarity in spoken and written communications
• Ability to work well as part of team
• Trustworthiness with access to confidential information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Office Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click hereEEOC Poster.