Battlespace Flight Services Line Electronics Tech 2 in las vegas, Nevada
Position Summary: Performs organizational level servicing, scheduled and unscheduled avionic and electronics maintenance on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) including inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and analysis of aircraft avionics and electronic systems, subsystems, associated components, ground control stations (GCS), ground data terminals (GDT), ground satellite systems and equipment. Working knowledge of UAS unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and other special tools and equipment. Uses and interprets technical orders (TO''s) and technical data to apply basic and some advanced technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose maintenance problems and determine appropriate corrective action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs servicing and inspections on UAS aircraft, GCS, GDT, UAS systems, UAS sub-systems, ground satellite systems and related UAS equipment.
- Performs avionics and electronic maintenance tasks for aircraft, GCS, GDT and ground satellite systems post- flight, pre-flight, thru-flight and phase inspections.
- Removes and installs UAS avionic/electronic system components/cables (copper, fiber, etc.).
- Adjusts, aligns and rigs UAS avionic and electronic systems.
- Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems.
- Performs aircraft jacking, lifting, towing, and manual movement.
- Performs UAS, UAS aircraft, GCS, GDT, and ground satellite system inspections.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation and operation.
- Operates and inspects powered and non-powered aerospace ground equipment.
- Reviews and completes aircraft maintenance forms and enters data into the Integrated. Maintenance Data System (IMDS), responsible to ensure all data is accurate and complete.
- Performs avionic and electronic maintenance tasks related to aircraft launch and recovery.
- Performs crash recovery responsibilities.
- Prepares and submits material and product deficiency reports.
- Occasionally required to lead teams through maintenance tasks.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- May be required to
meet typical Cross Utilization Training (CUT) qualifications to include IMDS Aircraft De-Brief, Tool Control and Accountability, Aircraft Launch and Recovery, Aircraft Servicing, Aircraft Fuel/De-Fuel, Aircraft Movement/Towing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed. Required Skills
Excellent attention to detail. Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Excellent team member.
Six (6) years of Electronics System Maintenance experience. Equivalent experience to USAF 7-Skill Level.
Current Secret Security Clearance. Top Secret may be required. US Citizen or proper immigration status.
Must be willing to travel overseas for extended periods of time as required by the company. Must meet company fitness for duty requirements.
Tracking Code: 1-021-0-22-011
Job Location: las vegas, Nevada, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular