Amazon Web Services Maintenance Technician II in Las Vegas, Nevada
The facilities attendant will be responsible for assisting in the house keeping, general maintenance, and repair of the building.
Responsibilities will include:
• Repairing and making improvements to building and infrastructure
• Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
• Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
• Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
• Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining building pneumatic system
• Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
• Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
• Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
• Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
• Electrical, knowledge of basics components
• Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
• Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
• Supporting continuous improvement in department
• Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
• Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
• Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support & Customer Service:
• Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
• Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
• Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
• Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
• Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
• Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM’s and do basic repairs
• Electrical knowledge of basics components. Use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
• HVAC- have the understanding where the equipment is. Needs to know who their resources are. Ability to clean filters with knowledge of basic components.
• Plumbing- can shut off water and identify problems. Can repair plastic PVC pipe.
• Building lighting- able to change out lights. Troubleshooting of lights, displays and wiring in each bay.
• Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings. Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
• Metal and wood fabrication skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
• Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
• Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategoryFacilities, Maintenance, & Real Estate
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States