Western Alliance Bank Operations Utility Specialist I in Las Vegas, Nevada
|Operations Utility Specialist I|
|Affiliate||Bank of Nevada|
|Category||Branch Banking & Operations|
|Type||Regular Full Time|
The Operations Utility Specialist is responsible for regularly supporting the Operations Supervisor, Officer and Operations Manager; ensuring branch operational activities run smoothly and efficiently; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate personnel for new services.
The Operations Utility Specialist is required to be completely knowledgeable and skilled and perform duties in the areas of Personal Banker, CSR, vault, safe deposit and branch operations, and is expected to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced CSRs and other staff members. If required, be responsible for limited supervisory duties in the absence of the Operations Supervisor/Officer/Manager.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Assists Operations Supervisor / Officer / Manager with the daily work activities of assigned branch staff in the full scope of retail banking transactions.
- Provides on-the-job training of new employees in various branch operational duties including CSR and Personal Banker.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor / Officer / Manager with work schedules of operational staff.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor / Officer / Manager with the accurate completion of related operational reports initiated by the Bank’s data processor along with miscellaneous internal reports.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor / Officer / Manager to ensure maintenance of branch property by identifying and coordinating repairs and upgrades.
- Maintains proper level of vault cash within prescribed branch limits and legal requirements.
- May participate in assuring quality control in regards to audits and certifications.
- Prepares levies, garnishments and other legal processes.
- Performs lead duties including assigning and reviewing work for accuracy and completeness, assisting others in resolving problems within given authority, approving transactions within authority levels and training others in branch operations.
- Assists other branch offices in resolving operational inquiries.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
- Maintains satisfactory balancing average based on established guidelines.
- Balances CSR differences as it relates to general ledger accounts; maintains accurate CSR balancing records; balances branch cash totals.
- Assists customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross sell opportunites are presented by applying professional sales technique.
- Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; gathers required CIP documentation.
- Makes decisions regarding and assists with the opening of new accounts; completes forms requiring customer signature(s); accepts initial deposits; prepares all documents and items pertaining to all products for processing.
- Operates computer efficiently to process transactions, account activity and determine balances.
- Assists clients and resolves problems within given authority.
- Performs safe deposit duties by opening accounts, controlling access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all records and data received and produced.
- Processes address changes, check and deposit slip orders, endorsement stamp orders, ATM deposits, outgoing collections, outgoing wires, certifications, change orders and stop payments.
- Receives deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts; places proper holds as necessary.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing; places proper holds as necessary.
- Issues official checks and savings bond applications.
- Accepts loan and installment payments.
- Types routine letters, reports and forms; maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies; records, files, updates information or reports as required; prepares wire transfers.
- May accept Regulation E and ACH disputes acquiring appropriate documentation and signatures and forwarding to appropriate department for processing.
If required provide staff support at other branch locations.
- Open and/or close the branch.
- Operate within given signing authority limits on approvals on checks, deposits, cashier’s checks, wire transfers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and four (4) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of a financial institution cash handling and/or customer service background.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related
- Intermediate experience to advanced experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer (such as ITI) system; word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CFI DepositPro, etc.).
- Typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills to meet the needs of the position.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257