SMG Payroll Clerk in Las Vegas, Nevada
ASM Global ASM Global is the world's leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company's elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the transmission of payroll transactions to a 3rd party service provider to ensure that all payroll and related payments (i.e. taxes, fringe, etc.) are handled properly. The Payroll Clerk will also support special projects and participate in accounting functions that arise.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly transmission of payroll to ADP and verification of ADP edit reports to ensure employee payroll checks are accurate and complete.
- Perform other payroll and accounting functions/needs as they arise.
- Perform accounting functions as necessary (i.e. input of budgets into the general ledger and Event Analysis spreadsheet, develop event flash reports, prepare and input journal entries, research accounting issues, develop accounting ad hoc reports and analysis, etc.).
- Process requests for paycheck adjustments, retro amounts and final checks, as necessary.
- Perform other payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal tax law.
- Maintain the payrate structure within the ABI timekeeping system.
- Perform ad hoc payroll audits to ensure the accuracy of the payroll process and its compliance with any agreements.
- Support the year end audit function by helping to develop and deliver audit support to the external audit team.
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years' related experience (payroll processing and/or accounting support)
- Advanced PC skills in Internet Explorer, Outlook, MS Office Excel, Word.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task daily
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Ability to work with limited supervision while preserving the strict confidentiality of all data
- Knowledge of ABI and ADP or similar HR and Time Keeping Systems
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled