Western Alliance Bank Personal Banker in Las Vegas, Nevada
Bank of Nevada
Branch Banking & Operations
Regular Full Time
The position of Personal Banker is responsible for performing duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cash management products; cross-selling the Bank s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services The position of Personal Banker also is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit, processing, discussing and accepting credit applications, IRA s and is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced new account representatives and other branch staff members.
The position of Personal Banker is also be required to accompany lending officers on business calls.
* Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed, including new accounts, teller, safe deposit, vault teller and lending.
* Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
* Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; determines need and extent of reference investigation; assists customers in completing credit applications.
* Discusses, prepares and processes documents related to the Bank s NetLine internet banking service, account reconcilement, lockbox and ACH services and other cash management services.
* Discusses and accepts merchant card applications for submission to the Bankcard Services Department.
* Makes decisions regarding the opening of new accounts; assigns account numbers; completes forms requiring customer signature(s); checks credit history; accepts initial deposits; prepares all documents and items pertaining to checking accounts, savings accounts and certificates of deposit for processing.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and four (4) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, lending, sales and/or customer service and cash handling background.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Intermediate knowledge and training in branch operation and new account activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
* Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in lending activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
* Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
* Intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel, CFI DepositPro,) etc.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
* Effective organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email or call (702) 252-6257
Employer's Job# 2018-4200
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.