VMware Product Designer - Transformation Products - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Las Vegas, Nevada
For this position, we’ll consider candidates who are willing to work in the Pacific (9:00-18:00 PT) or Eastern (9:00-18:00 ET) Time Zones
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will be working on a consumer-grade, enterprise-focused SaaS application product built to manage investments and resources for the modern organization. Enterprise software shouldn’t feel clunky and outdated; our aim is to provide an experience comparable to contemporary enterprise products like Slack, Okta, and GSuite.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
· Lead design on a team of multidisciplinary practitioners and help solve big and complex problems from concept to delivery in an agile environment.
· You will be creating high-quality design solutions and, working with our engineers, implement your designs.
· Represent the user’s voice throughout the product lifecycle and apply systems thinking to provide our customers end to end holistic experience with our products.
· You’ll create user-centered artifacts to align the team and communicate customer pain points and challenges.
· You’ll be conducting and leading various research methods and communicate the results to the team, adjacent teams, and senior leadership.
· Advocate, mentors, and educate the product teams and new designers on the benefits of design thinking.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
• Working with product managers and the leadership team, you’ll identify opportunities and rally the team around solutions that address our core users’ challenges
• You’ll work closely with our product managers and engineers to implement solutions
• You’ll be responsible for evolving our design system to fit the new challenges our customers face.
• Combining the above three goals, we’re expecting that you’ll be able to identify a problem, design a solution, implement the solution with the rest of the team.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
• Understand our customers’ pain points via different research methodologies (discovery interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
• Design solutions that will address the problems faced by our users and customers
• Pair with engineers and product managers to implement solutions
• Analyze user patterns and behaviors with the overall app and the recently released features
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is a Senior Product Manager who is working on the same project that we’re hiring this role for.
He has been managing cross-discipline teams with the goal of enabling each report to do their best in their role. We’re looking for self-starters who can anticipate our customers' needs and prioritize the work to ensure customer success.
The team is composed of developers, designers, and product managers working in a highly collaborative environment where everybody is heard and respected.
We believe that diversity in ideas and discourse results in a stronger product overall.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com at http://www.benefits.vmware.com/ .
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
Generous Time Off Programs
40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.