Hospital Corporation of America RN, Pre-Op (PRN) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Code: 02270-8577
MOUNTAINVIEW HOSPITAL is a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
POSITION: RN, Outpatient Recovery
POSITION SUMMARY (includes, but is not limited to):
The Registered Nurse as a Pre and Post Procedure Care Unit Nurse performs the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients.
* Meets Standards of Care and Standards of Practice.
* Supervises assigned personnel.
* Promotes collaboration with physicians and personnel of other departments.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients served.
* Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over life span and possesses ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret appropriate information needed to identify patient requirements relative to his/her age specific needs.
* Provides care needed as described in department policies and procedures.
* Completes a competency skills checklist within 3 months of employment.
NOTE: Please complete the assessment that will be emailed at the completion of the application process to avoid time delays.
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
* BSN preferred.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada required.
* Current BCLS required.
* Current ACLS and PALS preferred.
* Minimum one year registered nurse experience in Surgical Suite.
* Pass Medication Test with a score of 80%.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/09/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
Employer's Job# 02270-8577
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.