Allegiant Travel Company Spec, Safety in Las Vegas, Nevada
What are some of the daily duties of a Safety and Security Specialist?
- Responsible for the on-going day-to-day operations & analysis of the ASAP, FRMP and internal safety reporting programs
- Develop reports and briefings on ASAP, FRMP and internal safety reporting programs activity, case resolutions and trends and issues identified through the program
- Prepare airline operations trending analysis and charts
- Compile and present, ASAP, FRMP, and internal safety reporting programs data summaries for use by senior management, regulators, pilots and other internal workgroups as appropriate
- Prepare reports, presentations, and statistical data required to keep the ASAP, and FRMP community informed of the status of these programs
- Review corrective action, responses to inspections, and internal evaluations findings for adequacy
- Attends related industry meetings, seminars, and training as needed
- Maintain an on-call status during off duty hours for screening of safety related events and investigation initiation
- Daily administration to ensure analysis of data for the purpose of improved airline safety
- Processes employee safety notifications
- Manages the company newsletter
- Other duties/projects as assigned
* *What are the minimum requirements to be a Safety Specialist?
- Education requirements- High School diploma or equivalent. Four-year college degree, preferably in Aviation or Engineering field.
- Work Experience in Tracking/Trending/Collecting/ Generating Data
* *What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Safety Specialist?
- Knowledge of and/or experience with FAA Voluntary Safety Reporting Programs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including database and spreadsheet programs
- Proven project management and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience maintaining and enhancing Aviation Security, corporate safety standards and safe operation practices
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and a positive attitude toward teamwork
- Willingness to assist managers, staff and government agencies at the highest level of professionalism
- Ability to handle numerous projects at one time and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in support of the Safety & Security Department and Director of Safety
- Working knowledge of data analysis processes and procedures
- Experience with matters involving the Federal Aviation Administration and other government agencies
- Working knowledge of regulations governing commercial aviation a plus
- Airline industry experience preferred
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Safety Specialist?
- Primarily Office and Airport Environments
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Posted: May 10, 2018