CCSD SPECIAL EDUCATION INTERVENTION SPECIALIST - I in LAS VEGAS, Nevada
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Educational Development (GED), foreign
- Minimum of 48 credit hours from an accredited college or university or a passing score on the Educational
Testing Service (ETS) para-pro assessment.
One (1) year experience working with children and families with diverse needs.
Six (6) months successful experience as a Specialized Programs Teacher Assistant (SPTA) I or Title I
- Safe driving record.
Licenses and Certificates:
- A valid driver's license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a motor vehicle in Nevada.
License must be maintained for the duration of the assignment.
- Copy of current driving history issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles at time of application or Qualified
Selection Pool (QSP) placement and at time of interview prior to final selection.
- Current, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certificate from a licensed CPI trainer. If certification is not in
possession at time of application or QSP request, it must be obtained within three (3) months of hire into
position. Certification must be maintained for the duration of the assignment. Certification training must be in
person and include a hands-on component. Online courses will not be accepted.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certificate from the
American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or other similar organization. Certification must be
maintained for the duration of the assignment. Certification training must be in-person and include a handson
component. Online courses will not be accepted.
One (1) year experience working as a para-professional employee in a classroom setting.
Experience working with children, preferably with special needs.
ABA training documentation, if applicable.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training documentation, if applicable.
DOCUMENT(S) REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
High school graduation or equivalent (i.e., GED, foreign equivalency, etc.).
College transcript(s), if applicable.
Verification of a passing score on the ETS para-pro assessment, if applicable.
Page 3 of 3 – Code 0139
A valid driver's license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a motor vehicle in Nevada.
Current copy of driving history issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Current CPI certificate, if applicable.
Current CPR/AED certification as indicated above.
Specific documented evidence of experience to satisfy qualifications.
Primary Location: LAS VEGAS
Work Locations SSD REGION 3 5708 MOUNTAIN VISTA STREET LAS VEGAS 89120
Organization: Clark County School District
Req ID: 200004PX
Clark County School District (CCSD) is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities