Global Experience Specialists Sr. Payroll Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
WE BRING THE WOW
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER!
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 3,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We connect people through exhibitions and live events by blending art and science to create exciting, compelling face-to-face marketing experiences. Our mission is to create the world s most meaningful and memorable experiences for marketers, organizers and event attendees. We bring the WOW to everything we do
The Sr. Payroll Specialist will be responsible for administration of assigned non-union and union payrolls, ensuring accurate and timely payments and taxation of special payments and fringe benefits. This position is also responsible for assigned garnishment responsibilities.
* Perform all duties necessary to process multi-state bi-weekly salary, hourly and union payroll, commission payments, bonus payments, special payments and taxable fringe benefits.
* Audit employee time records submitted through employee self-service, including exception time to ensure employees are accurately paid.
* Prepare special payments, complex pay and payroll deduction calculations ensuring compliance with company policies, and federal and state regulations.
* Assist employees and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll. This includes properly applying technical knowledge and skills, communicating and listening effectively.
* Prepare and process paid time off adjustments as needed.
* Prepare and process stop payments, void checks, direct deposit reversals and overpayment collections in accordance with company, federal, state regulations.
* Serve as subject matter expert and trainer for time entry in employee self-service.
* Perform time allocation process after each payroll.
* Certified Payroll Certification (CPP) preferred
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor s Degree preferred
* Three to five years payroll processing experience in a corporate environment
* Strong working knowledge of taxable fringe benefits; treatment of stock transactions; qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of payroll processes and systems
* Strong knowledge of state and federal payroll regulations with an emphasis on multi-state taxation and garnishments
* Strong working knowledge of garnishments
* MS Office and computer skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidential information
* High degree of professionalism and solid ability in delivering high quality customer service and establishing/maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships.
* Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to perform root cause analysis
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Ability to explain all payroll calculations and deductions to employees and all levels of management
* Flexibility with work schedule (required to change shifts and work days as business needs dictate)
* Flexibility with work hours (must be able to work overtime as business needs dictate)
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
* Competitive salaries
* 401K with company match
* Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
* Wellness benefits
* Career development program
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Employee assistance program
* Vacation time
* Community involvement opportunities
* Team activities
And much more
#GLDR, #HP123, #LI123
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.
Employer's Job# 2018-10491
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.