Arcata Associates, Inc. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR II in Las Vegas, Nevada
The System Administrator (SA) performs deployment and operational support as well as on-going maintenance of systems required to meet contract objectives. The SA will coordinate with JT3 departments, the NTTR and external units to resolve computer and solution issues and works closely with Cyber Security to maintain a high level of systems integrity and security.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Functions as L2 support for all systems-related issues
- Monitors systems for health
- Establishes reports and trends system performance
- Strong ability to provide hands-on server support
- Partners with other IT team members with strong collaborative capabilities to build a robust, secure, and scalable infrastructure
- Ability to author and maintain IT procedural documentation
- Provides regular systems monitoring and standardized reporting to identify system hardware and/or software and operating system problems, this includes identifying problems and determining the most efficient way to resolve them
- Maintains documentation of all hardware and software implementation, maintenance, and upgrades, this includes equipment and software inventories, and maintenance documentation
- Collaborates with other Systems Admins, Cyber Security and the business units
- Apply Cyber Security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework as directed
- Mitigate system security threats/risks as directed
- Follows policies and procedures in line with industry best practices
- Possesses excellent Customer Service skills
- Perform diagnostics of problems, troubleshoot and develop solutions for customer issues
- Understanding and experience with storage technologies
- Evaluates existing technologies and provides recommendations for enhancements
- Must work efficiently both independently and within a team
- Heightened sense of urgency and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable with computer networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable with Windows Server Platforms
- Knowledgeable with Windows Desktop Platforms and/or
- Knowledgeable with UNIX Platforms (e.g., Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Knowledgeable with operating and maintaining a VMware environment including vCenter, vSphere and ESXi
- Knowledgeable with AD, DHCP, DNS, File and Print Servers
- Ability to provide support outside of normal business hours
- Knowledgeable with backup and recovery methods and verification
- Basic understanding of Storage (SAN, NAS, Local Attached)
- Ability to make and test networking cables
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to independently understand, troubleshoot, and resolve typical/advanced IT related issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, schedule-driven and customer-oriented environment
- Associates or higher degree in Computer/Information Technology or equivalent academic/technical training
- 5 years or more progressive relevant experience
- Knowledge of general network administration, troubleshooting, and repair
- Possess and maintain a valid, state issued driver's license
- MUST HAVE and maintain CompTIA Security+ CE
- MUST HAVE or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with possible SCI
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, prolonged sitting while using the computer and the telephone, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Project demands may require travel to Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) locations by air or Government vehicle. Possible occasional exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions for prolonged periods, travel over rough roads, and work on uneven surfaces in an outdoor environment. The noise level on the NTTR varies from quiet to moderately noisy. Must be willing to comply with all safety and security requirements and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Additionally, some jobs may require the incumbent to obtain other certifications or licenses that may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
Arcata Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.