State of Nevada MANAGEMENT ANALYST 4 - Deputy Risk Manager in Nevada
MANAGEMENT ANALYST 4
- Deputy Risk Manager
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 39
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: A Permanent, full time vacancy
Division: Risk Management
Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Job Class Code:
Announcement Number: 35693
Open to all qualified persons.
for another 12 Days 11 Hrs 22 Mins
Management Analysts conduct a variety of studies, research and analysis of management and administrative areas such as budgeting and financial analysis; departmental operations; legislative analysis; management research; and statistical and informational analysis.
Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
The position is located within the Department of Administration, Division of Risk Management in Carson City and serves as the Operations Manager for the Risk Management Division with specific oversight of either Workers' Compensation or Insurance and Loss Prevention section. This position will be responsible for developing, analyzing, monitoring and updating operational activities of the Division; collecting, analyzing and developing data related to statistical, underwriting and actuarial information needed for insurance procurement, audits, RFP's, budget, and special reports; and developing and communicating a variety of written materials and informational items for the Workers' Compensation Program.
To see full Class Specifications visit:
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, finance, social sciences, mathematics or related field and four years of professional experience in the research, development, evaluation or revision of programs, organizations, methods or procedures; OR one year of experience as a Management Analyst III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
The ability to travel at least 25% of the time is required.
Additional Position Experience
Experience administering a large deductible or self insured workers' compensation program or experience administering a general insurance program that included workers' compensation is required.
MANAGEMENT ANALYST 4
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your professional level research and fiscal and/or program analysis experience, including the number of years.
2) Describe your experience developing and presenting oral or written presentations to the following: a) large groups and/or upper management; or b) formal boards/committees and/or CEOs and stockholders.
3) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing bill draft requests (BDR's); b) tracking and analyzing proposed legislation; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
4) Describe your supervisory experience to include discipline, performance evaluation and work performance standards for the following types of staff: a) clerical/technical/paraprofessional staff; b) professional staff; or c) supervisors in charge of professional staff.
5) Describe your professional program experience, including the number of years, which directly relates to the program or specialty area of the current vacancy as described on the job announcement.
6) Do you have a Master's degree in Business, Finance, Social Science, Math, Public Administration or related area; OR a Master's degree related to the program or specialty area of the current vacancy as described on the job announcement?
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) ARM designation preferred, but not required. Do you possess a ARM designation? Please explain.
For more information about state employment, visit the following:
Division of Human Resource Management: http://hr.nv.gov
Public Employees Retirement System: http://www.nvpers.org
Public Employees Benefits Program: http://pebp.state.nv.us
REFER A FRIEND
Help us reach qualified candidates! Refer a friend by clicking here:
Direct Inquiries or Correspondence to:
Division of Human Resource Management Northern Nevada 209 East Musser Street, Room 101 Carson City, Nevada 89701-4204TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
Division of Human Resource Management Southern Nevada 555 East Washington Avenue, Suite 1400 Las Vegas, Nevada 89101-1046TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Click Cancel to return to the previous page.