ALSCO INC Accounts Payable Clerk in Reno, Nevada
Job Summary: Accounts Payable Clerk/Payroll Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for the payment of all vendor
invoices in accordance with company policy. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for
the daily processing of company business transactions in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services, process receiving reports and vendor invoices according to payment terms and company policy.
- Follow up on billing statements to ensure invoices are resolved within payment terms,
discounts are taken, and invoice batches are sent timely. Reconcile invoices to billing statements.
- Provide regular communication to management regarding status of invoice payments/receiving reports.
- Create monthly and quarterly closing statement processes and create reports.
- Communicate with vendors via phone, e-mail, mail or in person to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Complete credit applications and forward to management for approval.
- Investigate and resolve vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as required.
- May perform some of the other general office functions.
Payroll Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for daily processing of branch payroll functions.
Process new hire packets and set up new employees in payroll systems. Execute daily payroll functions such as time and attendance sweeps, employee maintenance and weekly closing processes. Track vacations, leaves of absence.
- Proficient with 10 key machine, MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in telephone skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented.
- Show successful experience in the ability to enthusiastically press into action collection efforts.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general business operating procedures and be proficient in data entry.
- Some business or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, walking, sitting, talking on the phone, occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs., stooping, typing, fine dexterity, hearing and speaking.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor offices, meeting rooms of a typical industrial laundry, service center or depot.
Employer's Job# 18-1356
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.