Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Attendant - Grand Adventure Land in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Vision Statement: Become the region's most respected hospitality and gaming company
- Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which we live and serve
- Provide special assistance to all guests and groups, immediately take care of any customer requests.
- Handle complaints, using good judgment as to when to refer to the supervisor.
- Keep alert for “rowdy” customers and notify supervisor immediately.
- Promptly correct any mechanical failure and refer those failures that you cannot fix to Maintenance.
- Provide legible and thorough record keeping of daily shift paperwork. Make copies of reports on copy machine.
- Rent daily use lockers.
- Meticulously clean and organize all areas in Grand Adventure Park, keep all counters and games clean.
- Run and operate games and redemption machines in your assigned area.
- Make appropriate announcements on PA system.
- Answer telephone with professional courtesy and direct all phone traffic promptly and accurately.
- Assist with special groups and events.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Previous arcade experience helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and presentation skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions through decisive judgment. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
Age Requirement: Must be 16 years or Over
# of openings: 1