SMG Audio Visual Technician in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Audio-Visual Technician for SMG at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, Livestock Events Center National Bowling Stadium and the Reno Events Center. Responsible for daily Audio-Visual requests for planned events at all SMG Reno properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot all audio and video systems in the Convention Center, Events Center, Bowling Stadium and Livestock Events Center.
- Review sound requirements for shows; works closely with clients in a professional manner to achieve quality results for all events.
- Operate aerial boom lifts and scissor lifts as well as forklifts.
- Promptly and professionally setup meeting and production spaces.
- Must be able to understand and complete verbal and scripted instructions in a timely manner.
- Interact professionally and efficiently with the Operations and Sales Team to ensure proper room configuration
- Interact professionally and efficiently with Event Managers
- Be able to speak confidently and clearly about the services offered
- Manage events to ensure client satisfaction
- Track inventory to be repaired and/or replaced
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and four (4) years full-time experience in the A/V Field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced training preferred to include knowledge in the following areas:
Equipment and electronics
- Audio frequency and wave forms
- Video and lighting systems
- Throw distances
- Mixing live sound
- Technical theater and corporate production
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of temporary electrical connections and balancing electrical loads.
- Understands and follows all safety protocols
- Well organized, punctual with great attention to detail
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that vary due to functions and include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge and the ability to use Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs or more up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Irregular hours dictated by events
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 40 feet high and utilize high reach lifts.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please apply online at smgworld.com or send your most recent resume and cover letter, which includes salary requirements to:
SMG -- Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 827-7620
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled