Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Cage Cashier in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cash checks, cashier checks, coins, or chips for guest and team members.
- Handle large amounts of money, accounting for total funds received throughout the day.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Issue markers, and take marker payments.
- Issue and provide access to Safety deposit boxes for casino guest.
- Maintain accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Perform all duties in a confidential manner.
- Knowledgeable and adhere to Title 31.
- Use computer keyboard, 10-key, calculator and jetsort machine.
- Encourage guest to use a players card, which entails explaining how to use the card as well as the advantages of its use.
- Effectively explain how to qualify for different tier levels.
- Maintain database such as updating of customer records and checking forduplicate accounts.
- Communicate effectively all player club and marketing promotions.
- Communicate effectively with all guest at all times, as well as with all levels of team members.
- Help with maintenance and inventory control of cage merchandise and supplies.
- Answer telephone in a professional and polite manner and provide information as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Thorough understanding of accounting, gaming and regulatory requirements related to cage operations, including Title 31.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to forty (40) pounds at a time.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 6