Ormat Technologies, Inc. Chemical Applications Engineer in Reno, Nevada
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.
This position is responsible for management of chemical treatment programs including facility contract administration, identifying and implementation of process improvements and cost reductions related to efficiency, system processes, and operational practices. This position is also responsible for evaluation and development of new chemical products and applications.
• Management of geofluid and cooling water chemical treatment programs by working with chemical suppliers, managers and corporate purchasing to define and maintain cost effective chemical treatment programs
• Responsible for evaluating and finding causes for equipment, procedural, and conditional inefficiencies
• Develop cost effective solutions for equipment issues and operational longevity
• Responsible for assessing and obtaining contractor bids for specific projects
• Assist with planning and coordinating projects for equipment upgrades, modification and repairs
• Participate in engineering and design review in development of new concepts for plant optimization
• Assist in identifying and improving data tracking records required for optimization of equipment and chemical monitoring
• Must be able to quickly and physically access and travel to all areas of the plants
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous periods of time and read and understand maps
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• A Bachelor’s of Science degree in chemistry, geochemistry, chemical engineering or related field
• Five (5) years power plant maintenance or related experience, including hands-on experience in maintenance related to cooling towers, heat exchangers, turbine-generators, auxiliary equipment, control systems and environmental equipment is preferred
• This position requires initial and annual Hazardous Waste Management training
• Strong organizational skills and experience setting up process evaluation systems
• Must have a high degree of initiative, ability to work with minimal or no supervision and a high level of confidentiality
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
• Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat auto insurance carrier
• Must be able to work in plant operating areas including exposure to noise, vibrations, heat and cold
• Must be able to wear any required protective equipment, as required by safety procedures and regulations
• Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms and walkways and work in confined spaces
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions
• Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling
• The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ormat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment with Ormat will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, source of income, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected status.