Renown Health Clinical Pharmacist_Outpatient – Retail Pharmacy in Reno, Nevada
Clinical Pharmacist_Outpatient – Retail Pharmacy
Requisition id: 155883
Department: 200214 Retail Pharmacy
Facility: Renown Regional Medical Center
Schedule: Full Time
Category: Allied Health
Under the supervision of the Ambulatory Pharmacy Manager, provides evidence based pharmaceutical care t services to include:
• Pharmacotherapy consults,
• Disease management support,
• Medication reconciliation,
• Assessment of polypharmacy issues, and
• Makes recommendations to support the patient’s longitudinal plan of care.
In certain departments this position will also proactively conduct analysis of drug utilization data to identify trends, develop strategies and make recommendations for implementing comprehensive programs to improve patient outcomes. Provides committee support as needed for formulary management across the continuum of care.
Nature and Scope
As a part of the healthcare team:
• Provides face to face, telephonic, or virtual visit pharmaceutical care services to patients and works to promote appropriate, safe, and cost-effective drug therapy recommendations to improve the quality of our patient’s lives.
• Assists patients and physicians with medication profiles and understands the patient formulary coverage to ensure that we find the best medication for the physician prescribed plan of care.
• Performs medication monitoring, disease state management counseling, and collaborative drug therapy management. Documents all patient encounters and interventions within the electronic medical record (EPIC).
• Assists in the development of patient specific educational materials related to disease conditions.
• Conducts analysis of drug utilization data to identify trends, and recommend strategies for reducing the overall drug spend across the continuum of care.
• Participates in interdisciplinary rounds
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Clinical background and the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Communicates effectively with providers, patients, and other operational departments within the Renown Health System.
• Working knowledge of Government Pharmacy Programs such as Medicare and Medicaid
• Contribute to Quality Initiatives and Outcomes
This position does provide patient care. This position coordinates patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor of Pharmacy or preferably Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. Appropriate education to obtain and maintain Registered Pharmacist licensure in the State of Nevada.
Experience: Three years as a practicing pharmacist is preferred. Knowledge and experience in a medication therapy management program is recommended.
License(s): Current and unrestricted state of Nevada Pharmacy License required. Valid State of Nevada or California driver's license and ability to pass Renown Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria. (does not apply to cost center 200212, 200282). State of Nevada Point of Care Analyst POCA license required within 120 days of hire (applies to 200282 ONLY)
Certification(s): Preferred: Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP) or Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.