Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Food & Beverage - Cook II - 2nd Street Express in Reno, Nevada
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safely prepare all food prep and food items in accordance with standard hotel recipes and specifications.
- Read, comprehend, and follow the daily forecasts, menus and recipes in order to produce and delegate the production of all food items for respective work area.
- Complete food order requisitions using a computer, or pen and paper, to procure the necessary items needed for production in work area.
- Interact with hotel guests in order to provide for special requests.
- Participate in activities of cooks and other team members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with hotel productivity standards, cost controls and special needs.
- Audit food storeroom items for quality, consistency and rotation. Work to control food cost and revenues. Follow daily sanitation, hand washing and safety codes.
- Must be able to work in a productive and cohesive team environment
- Must have the desire to be extremely organized and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to perform duties within multiple temperature ranges from hot to cold.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Strong knowledge of food service industry, cuisines and beverages.
Department: GSR - 2nd Street Express
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 3