Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Gaming-Keno Writer in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collect process and return customer’s tickets and/or winnings. Monitor and control Keno systems so that games run in a timely manner.
- Accept customer tickets, write tickets, make change, answer questions and make payouts.
- Use Keno system control station to start all keno games.
- Check that all tickets are written before starting game.
- Monitor pace of games and shift personnel, if necessary, to quicken games.
- Walk through restaurant and casino areas calling out “keno” to collect any tickets or answer any customer questions.
- Maintain main Keno bank so that the established amount will always be accounted for. Use main bank to make fills, and change, for writer/runner’s banks.
- During slow or closed times replenish or organize Keno paper, crayons, pay books and pay cards in the holders on tables and bars in restaurants and casino areas.
- Ability to operate computer systems to include Keno system terminal and Keno ticket printer.
- Ability to collect information and solve customer concerns promptly and efficiently.
- Sufficient math skills needed to perform accurate money handling.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification, including state gaming card
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to guests. Must be able to listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, and supervisors.
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and fellow employees.
Possess a strong attention to detail and engaging presentation skills. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and general public.
Ability to accurately add subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure and calculates figures and amounts. Candidate must have strong mathematical abilities and skill.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification. (Nevada Gaming Control Board Gaming work Permit)
REASONING ABILITY Have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a current, gaming license. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Keno
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1