Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Guest Room Attendant- PT in Reno, Nevada
The Grand Sierra is looking for energetic and customer service minded individuals to join the Housekeeping team as a Guest Room Attendant. In this role you will ensure guest room cleanliness and maintenance. Guarantee prompt, courteous and team minded service throughout the entire resort and adhere to all Grand Sierra Resort standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clean, restock and maintain orderliness and maintenance of guest rooms. Provide turndown service and ensure proper Housekeeping room status.
Non-Cleaning Functions: Conduct AM and/or PM physical room checks. Report repair work need in rooms. Report soiled shower curtains, rubber bath mats, irons, ironing board covers that need replacing. Report any special cleaning, i.e. upholstery, carpet or drapery cleaning.
Cleaning Functions: Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, curtain liner, chrome and floor surfaces. Strip and/or check bed linen and remake bed(s). Vacuum entire room and dust all furniture. Empty trash, ashtrays and remove all garbage and debris. Clean bars and refrigerators if present. Remove all soiled linen and terry. Replenish amenities, hangers, tumblers, linens, terry, paper and printed supplies.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous Guest Room Attendant experience preferred.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience listed that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests, employees and supervisors.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, Team Members and supervisors. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, customers, and general public.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Housekeeping
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 8