Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Housekeeping Helper in Reno, Nevada
The Housekeeping Helper performs duties related to the removal of soiled linen/towels and bagging trash. Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Vision Statement: ** Become the region's most respected hospitality and gaming company
Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which we live and serve
Strip soiled sheets from beds and used towels and place in hallway outside guest room.
- Bag all trash items, secure bag by tying top know and leave in hallway outside guest room.
- Report all maintenance defects
- Speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and fellow team members.
- A high level understanding of interpersonal skills to productively deal with business contacts and team members at all levels of the company.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and engaging presentation skills.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years or older in age.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner. **
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Housekeeping
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 16 years or Over
# of openings: 10