Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Leno Keno Writer in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explain and promote Keno to new and continuing players.
- Collect, process and return customer’s tickets and/or winnings. Monitor and control Keno systems so that games run in a timely manner.
- Accept customer tickets, write tickets, make change, answer questions and make payouts.
- Use Keno system control station to start all keno games. Check that all tickets are written before starting game.
- Monitor pace of games and shift personnel, if necessary, to quicken games.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for large payouts, to include paperwork covering regulation 6A.
- Maintain main Keno bank so that the established amount will always be accounted for. Use main bank to make fills, and change, for writer/runner’s banks.
- Reconcile main bank at end of shift and turn over to on-coming Lead Writer.
- During slow or closed times replenish or organize Keno paper, crayons, pay books and pay cards in the holders on tables and bars in restaurants and casino areas.
- Ability to operate computer systems to include Keno system terminal and Keno ticket printer.
- Ability to collect information and solve customer concerns promptly and efficiently.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Sufficient math skills needed to perform accurate money handling.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification, including state gaming card
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to guests. Must be able to listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, and supervisors.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 2