IGT Manager Technical Accounting in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17653BR
Job Posting Title Manager Technical Accounting
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
IGT, the largest global lottery business, and IGT, the world leader in the gaming equipment space, have merged to create the world's leading end-to-end gaming company. By adopting the IGT name and GTECH's visual identity, we've melded two iconic brands into one. Together, we're uniquely positioned to provide the government-sponsored and commercial gaming industry with proven solutions across the entire continuum of products and channels.
Are you ready to challenge yourself and put all your U.S. GAAP knowledge to work? A dynamic and challenging position within the Corporate Accounting Department is open and we are looking for a motivated professional! This position will be responsible for a wide variety of technical accounting issues including ensuring revenue is recognized appropriately through analyses and review of customer agreements as well as providing technical advice to business partners on revenue recognition to influence deal structuring. This role will also focus on leading projects related to IGT’s compliance with U.S. GAAP for non-recurring and oftentimes complex accounting such as IFRS conversion, unusual contracts, contingencies and provisions, variable interest entities, debt issuances, impairments, and other technical accounting projects as needed. Additionally, this position may lead projects related to the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards.
• Leading these projects will require you to research and apply your technical GAAP knowledge, work closely with external auditors, clearly and concisely document and communicate the issues and related conclusions and successfully transition the project to the individuals responsible for the ongoing accounting/reporting.
• This position works on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and requires a detail-oriented, highly technical accountant with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• This individual will liaise with multiple business partners at various levels within IGT including senior-level executives, international subsidiaries, as well as internal and external auditors.
First Year Goals Goals and milestones will be determined between you and your management team.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance is required
• CPA, MBA, or special certification related to the position is highly preferred
• Minimum of 7 years accounting or related experience and prior team lead experience is highly preferred
• Advanced analytical and technical GAAP knowledge related to a wide variety of topics and ability to extract appropriate accounting elements from business deals/contracts is required
• Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be held to a high degree of confidentiality
• Individual must be detail-oriented but able to communicate with all levels of the organization, have good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and must be a team player
• Position works in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
• Overtime required as needed and may require some travel
Special requirements needed
Ability to Travel
Work overtime as needed
Pass a background check
Credit check required
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation