SMG Operations Crew Member - Part-Time in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Crew Member to work for SMG World Inc. at the Reno Convention Center. Duties include semi-skilled work in setup, cleaning, maintenance, and striking of events scheduled for the Convention Center facilities. An Operations Crew Member is expected to be able to work by himself/herself without close supervision, and willing to work irregular hours and days including overtime, weekends, holidays and night shifts. Weekly hours will be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chair placements, operable walls, barricades, staging tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, relamping, replacing ceiling tiles, replacing filters, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility and proper use and care of hand power tools.
- Exhibit a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently exercising judgment and initiative, as well as in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Works according to established standards and procedures set by the Director of Operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively; regularly required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply online or send your resume and cover letter to:
SMG -- Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 827-7620
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled