FirstService Residential Regional Director in Reno, Nevada
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Regional Director will work with senior leadership to ensure that company objectives are met, and will provide stellar guidance and leadership to all those within their sphere of influence, and consistently adhere to and perpetuate the mission and vision of the company. Some of the duties of the Regional Director include: leading a team of people (both non-exempt and exempt level staff), developing strong relationships with our clients, assisting the Business Unit Leader in the operations of the division/department and acting as a back up to this position as needed.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Ensure that subordinate Community Association Managers fulfill all of the obligations of their position guides.
- Meeting managers regularly to determine their needs and give them informal and formal feedback
- Orientate new managers to their positions
- Review monthly reports for conformance to standards; make revisions to commission payments based on the criteria of the commission plan as reported on the monthly reports. Spot-check the accuracy of these reports
- Ensure that the manager promotes training of Board Members on their roles and responsibilities
- Contact Boards on a regular basis -- in person or on the phone to determine their level of satisfaction with the manager
- Stay alert to the danger of Associations leaving FirstService Residential. Foresee the danger and install an action plan to resolve the issues. Inform the VP of these situations
- Conduct formal performance evaluations with all subordinate employees as per company policy
- Ensure that all managers remain current on their continuing education and that they remain qualified to work
- Act as a resource for the managers, giving them timely and appropriate advice and guidance
- Pay special attention to provisional managers and assist them in becoming fully qualified
- Review and approve all mass mailings from the managers. This includes newsletters, agendas and various official notices
- Develop the competence of the managers in order to have a manager ready for promotion should one become open
- Attend Board meetings as needed for Board Evaluation as well as Provisional training and oversight
- Assists with the Transition Coordinator in ensuring new accounts are brought on board successfully and timely with special attention to standard verbiage and info center questions.
- Communicate regularly with the VP on ideas, areas of concern, etc. to allow for proactive responses with clients, including submission for the critical watch list report
- Participates in Business Development activities including attendance at local trade shows and CAI events
- Networks with vendors to allow for solicitation of new business
- Participates in Prospective Client meetings as needed and scheduled by VP
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively. Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
- There is a high level of satisfaction amongst client associations. This is evidenced by no loss of associations either directly or indirectly because of non-compliance by FirstService Residential staff
- There is evidence of regular contact with each manager -- at least weekly
- There are no valid complaints from new Managers about their orientation. There is a high success rate of new managers successfully completing their probationary period
- Monthly reports are reviewed and adjustments are made to commissions as a result of this report. There is evidence of spot-checks to ensure the validity of these reports.
- There are regular trainings for Board members in this Director's portfolio. There are no valid complaints about lack of learning opportunities
- There is evidence of regular contact with Boards and evidence of actions taken as a result of these contacts
- Losses of Associations either directly or indirectly because of non-compliance by FirstService Residential staff are less than 2%. In cases where this has happened, there is evidence of having foreseen the problem and evidence of a rational plan having been put in place to prevent the occurrence. After the fact there is always evidence of a thorough diagnosis of the problem and of plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- All performance evaluations are completed according to company timelines and guidelines.
- There is evidence of positive input into complex and controversial issues that the managers are working on
- There is a high success rate of provisional manager achieving full status
- All mailings meet the necessary requirements
- There is evidence of career-development for subordinate managers and at leave two have been identified and are being prepared to take on more responsibilities
- High-level of demonstrated leadership skills
- College degree preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- HOA experience preferred
- Previous management experience over personnel required
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have use of a personal vehicle for business purposes, adequate automobile insurance and a valid driver's license
- Must be able to "walk" community as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled