Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Security Lost & Found Clerk in Reno, Nevada
The Grand Sierra is looking for an energetic and customer service oriented individual to join the Security Team. The Security Lost and Found Clerk is responsible for providing organizational and administrative support to the Security Department team, specifically with Lost and Found functions. The Security Clerk will interact daily with Security Department Management, Executives, Resort Guests and other Team Members in person, by phone and by email assisting them with their Lost and Found need and administrative needs. Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with customers and team members. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner and ability to remain organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Vision Statement: Become the region's most respected hospitality and gaming company
- Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which we live and serve
- Provide Lost and Found and administrative support to the Security Director and Managers including; managing Lost and Found items, storing L&F items, organizing L&F items, detailed date entry of L&F items, typing, faxing, photocopying, answering phones, assisting visitors and resolving a L&F issues.
- Assist with the coordination of L&F issues and concerns as they lost and found items.
- Ability to complete data entry into the iTrack system.
- Assists with Security report writing process (iTrack) by scanning documents into the iTrack system.
- Provides guest assistance as necessary.
- Maintains filing system
- Attends departmental meetings as necessary.
- Ability to use a personal computer in order to complete reports, correspondence, data entry etc.
- Practical experience in an administrative role OR any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Diploma/GED required.
- Ability to follow up and follow through on a variety of assigned tasks or instructions furnished in written, oral form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Must be able to obtain alcohol awareness and gaming card.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Security
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 2