Oracle Software Developer 3 in Reno, Nevada
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• 2 years of experience in building microservices applications or infrastructure such as network, storage, compute.
• 3 years of experience in software design development and testing with a focus on cloud architecture.
•Proficient programming languages such as Java and Python or equivalent languages.
• Familiar with protocols such as REST, TCP, UDP, IP, FC, iSCSI, NFS.
• Experience in CI/CD pipeline such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse
• Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent work experience demonstrating fundamental software engineering skills.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Excellent judgment to influence product features, and priorities.
• Masters / Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
• Managed network or storage devices and infrastructures and has a good understanding of various protocols and device configurations.
• Worked in open source-based networking solutions.
• Hands-on experience in networking frameworks, stack, userspace vs kernel.
• In-depth knowledge in virtualized run-time environment such as docker.
• Experience in low level works such as kernel or embedded systems.
• Knows the trade-off on database architectures and recommends the right one for an enterprise solution.
• Knowledge of data collection and analysis tooling for large datasets.
• Proven track record of creative quick problem solving achieving significant results.
• Knows the difference between random forest vs. XGBoost, difference between precision and recall.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Software Developer 3
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200014KX