Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Reno, Nevada
Katie Weigel with Robert Half Finance and Accounting is recruiting to fill a Staff Accountant role with a growing Reno based company. As a Staff Accountant, you will be a key contributor in the month end process with a variety of work functions including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement preparation/review, and participating in internal and external audits. The role entails:
• Preparing Journal Entries for review and posting into ERP system
• Reviewing Journal Entries sent from Corporate for accuracy and completeness
• Recording Cash Transactions
• Creating various financial reports and/or analyses
• Preparing and updating schedules for the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and researching any variances
• Ensuring accounting procedures follow SOX controls and narratives
• Assisting with month end, quarter end and year end
• Assisting with the administration of SOX
• Assisting with audit requests from both Internal Audit as was as External audit
• Assisting with miscellaneous month end close duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance/Econ/Statistics
• 1 - 2 years of related experience
• Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Time management and excellent organizational skills
• General understanding of general accounting concepts, practices and procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
• Ability to problem solve as well as follow sometimes complicated but established procedures
• Ability to work overtime during the month end closing process
The company has a strong record of promoting from within and the person in this position will benefit from upward mobility. They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a strong team culture.
Month End Close, Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Financial Reporting, Variance Analysis, Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $50,000.00 - $58,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Reno, NV
Date Posted: February 25, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03140-0011703960
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance