Air National Guard Units SUPERVISORY INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST in Reno, Nevada
This position is for a SUPERVISORY INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, PD# D1645P01, part of the Nevada ANG. Position serves as Unit Superintendent and ensures the operational support services are available for the operations Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) unit. Incumbent assists the commander in oversight of operational events, exercises, training, professional development, resources, personnel assessments/programs and advises on enlisted and technician related issues.
Learn more about this agency
(1) Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned technicians, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Develops goals and objectives that integrate support functions and overall unit program objectives. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies applicable intelligence and information technology guidelines, policies and objectives. Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of the unit's intelligence mission. Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution.
(2) Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards. Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments.
(3) Assists the commander in oversight of unit operations. Directly assists the commander in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the intelligence unit. Oversees mobility programs to ensure unit readiness. Oversees and assists with cost center financial and budget planning inputs and expenditures. Coordinates with other organizations to ensure adequate resources are available for mission accomplishment.
(4) Provides oversight for the communications security (COMSEC) account for the unit. Ensures that the COMSEC Responsible Officers (CRO) comply with Air Force, National Guard, State, Federal Laws and applicable regulations.
(5) Functions as the senior enlisted advisor for the unit. Provides mentorship and career guidance to unit enlisted personnel such as Professional Military Education, Air Force Specialty training and career enhancement, and promotion requirements. Tracks and administers personnel evaluation programs for all full-time and part-time enlisted personnel. Responsible for the mission readiness and welfare of all full-time and traditional enlisted personnel to ensure effective analysis and intelligence support of unit operations.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement.** In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment: Military Grades: SMSgt/E-8 (Promotable) to CMSgt/E-9 DAFSC:*1N191*
Must become compatible in the AFSC within 12 months of appointment. Must possess or be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion). Enlisted members currently at a higher grade than allowed by the position (see Military Grade Requirement above) may apply; however, they must administratively reduce prior to appointment and provide confirmation of the reduction to HRO.
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Must maintain local network access IAW AFMANs 33-152, User Responsibilities and Guidance for Information Systems and 33-282, Computer Security.
Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Must obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance and be eligible for access to Special Compartmented Information (SCI).
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE -IN THEIR OWN WORDS- THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which demonstrates administrative, professional, investigative, or technical work requiring the ability to deal effectively with others, to collect, evaluate and organize pertinent facts. Experience preparing clear and concise written reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training developing and recommending policy, organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of intelligence operations. Experience in administrative, investigative, or technical work which required the applicant to deal effectively with others. Experience collecting, evaluating and organizing pertinent facts and to analyze and prepare clear and concise reports. Experience managing the function of work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
THIS POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED CONCURRENT WITH AGR AD 19-006, ONLY ONE POSITION WILL BE FILLED.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
No PCS funds are available.
This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.?
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
(1) Ability to function as liaison between senior staffs of NGB. (2) Knowledge and technical understanding of imagery intelligence and the systems required to exploit imagery applications at the collateral and SCI level. (3) Ability to supervise a staff of imagery analysts and manage their work activities, as well as prepare production reports to agencies in the intelligence community. (4) Knowledge of AF/ANG budgeting system and financial planning activities for the unit. (5) Skill in written and oral communications, both technical and non-technical. (6) Completion of a USAF intelligence course.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
DO NOT COPY THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS WORD FOR WORD AND PLACE INTO YOUR RESUME; YOU MUST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AS IT PERTAINS TO EACH STATEMENT.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire. (Completed as part of the USA Jobs application process.)
- RIP (Record on Individual Personnel) uploaded to the required "OTHER" area of the online application manager. RIP must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application.
- Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the Occupational Questionnaire which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the Occupational Questionnaire, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
DO NOT Email applications directly to the HRO unless there are extenuating circumstances, Please Call the HRO contact listed in the event of extenuating circumstances.
Agency contact information
NV 152 ITL SQ FMP8 1776 National Guard Way Reno, NV 89502-4494 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514991400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/25/2018 to 11/21/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $73,375 to $95,388 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time