Motion Industries Territory Manager, Reno-Sparks-Tahoe in Reno, Nevada
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category: Sales/Business Development
Job Id: 255369
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Reno, NV
Major Market: NV – Reno
Date Posted: May 15, 2018
Job DescriptionNumatic Engineering is a division of Motion Industries.
Be the face of Numatic Engineering to our customers; a key player for winning growth. Take an entrepreneurial approach to your territory, manage sales, and coordinate the team around you. Serve customers relentlessly to "make machines and manufacturing smarter" by promoting a full-line of automation products: pneumatic, robotic, servo, VFD, software/hardware controls, and smart devices. The ideal candidate will be a high energy professional who thrives in a dynamic, innovative, and challenging environment. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Control your territory activities and performance - Be entrepreneurial and win
- Grow top-line sales and bottom-line gross margin, manage your own expenses
- Expand product use within existing accounts and develop new account sales
- Create and execute annual business planning forecasts for assigned territory
- Leverage internal and supplier resources: technical, marketing, management, etc.
Serve customers as a resource for manufacturing solutions - Share experience
- Embrace the reality that speed is the new currency, respond quickly and regularly
- Build enjoyable relationships and become a trusted advisor, people buy from people
- Be a professional, learn customers' business and applications, coordinate support
- Visit customers regularly, and coordinate informational "lunch and learns"
Join the team effort essential to company performance - Work Smarter
- Utilize the resources backing-up your efforts, communicate and report effectively
- Grow your respect within the organization with timely and professional responses
- Maintain and share knowledge of the leading-edge technologies we specify and sell
- Work with executive management to promote efficiencies and profitability
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Or 2-year technical degree with experience beyond what is below
- Minimum 3 Years of sales/applications work in Manufacturing Automation
- Additional benefit of Process Control (Oil & Gas, Mining, Chemicals, etc.) and/or Distribution Center automation experience desired
- Knowledge about pneumatic, electronic, and robotic control systems: Includes Actuators, Valves, Air preparation, Vacuum, Fittings and Tubing Robots and end-of-arm tooling, Variable speed and servo motor controls, Structural aluminum applications, Electrical control panel components, Networking, Connectivity, RFID, Vision, Safety, Sensing, HMI, and PLC
- Effective verbal and written communication, listen well, and be coachable
- Sufficient computer skills to understand how the technology will be used
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Explorer/Chrome, and CRM software experience
- Respectful relationships, maintain confidentiality, and always act ethically
- Extensive driving needs valid driver's license, insurance, and good driving record
- Occasional overnight travel required, not more than 3 nights per month typically
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and drive up to 30k miles per year