Grand Sierra Resort and Casino VIP Executive Casino Host in Reno, Nevada
The Grand Sierra is looking for an energetic and customer service minded individuals to join the Casino Marketing team as a Casino Host. The Casino Host provides excellent guest service and identifies, develop and retain player customer base by way of personal interaction on the casino floor, telemarketing, written correspondence and special casino events. Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Team Members . Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES _ include the following. Other duties may be assigned._
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable state, federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Grand Sierra Resort policies and Procedures.
- Provide leadership, and support to Casino VIP Services Representatives in regards to customer service.
- Act as liaison between Casino VIP Services and Executive Casino Hosts to ensure needs of mid-level casino players are met.
- Aid Executive Casino Hosts when able with booking reservations, calling guests etc.
- Follow up with guests after departure and maintain contact to ensure return trips.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to guest and employee concerns and questions.
- Make room reservations, arrange for amenities, airline reservations, and limo arrangements as necessary for casino guests. Complete all necessary paperwork (i.e. comp slips, reservation request forms etc.).
- Make appropriate decisions regarding complimentary based on recorded play, earned points, comp availability and customer profitability under the guidance of the Director of VIP Services.
- Communicates with guests through telemarketing, letter writing, email, or in person about services, promotional opportunities and special events. Arrange for guests to join these events.
- Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner in which displays concerns for their complaints.
- Must be able to maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude at all times.
- Maintains current knowledge of all events, promotions, and special functions by reviewing all available information in order to provide guests with accurate information to answer questions, handle special requests, aid the guests in enjoying the best possible experience and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Proactively seeks out new business on the casino floor, introducing the benefits of and soliciting enrollment for the Player’s Club.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and completes multiple activities in a high pressure environment and work a varying schedule to reflect business needs.
- Completes tasks with minimal supervision and within deadlines.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Assist with special events and promotions as needed/assigned.
Casino experience is required. Previous casino marketing experiences a plus. Candidate must have two- six months practical experience; any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company. Read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and fellow employees. Possess a strong attention to detail and engaging presentation skills. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and general public.
Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and calculate figures and amounts. Candidate must haveability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES Must obtain and maintain appropriate licensing with the Nevada Gaming Board and Alcohol Awareness Card
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook; expert in Excel. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you are truly proud and passionate about what you do, then you need to see what GSR has to offer. Become part of a Grand team today!
Grand Sierra Resort & Casino is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Test Required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1