Grand Sierra Resort and Casino VIP Representative in Reno, Nevada
The VIP Service Representative provides VIP guest service by taking phone reservations for rooms, restaurants and entertainment. Determines comp qualifications for casino guests. Handles VIP check-in and check-out. Offers Executive Casino Host support. VIP event telemarketing. Responsible for stocking VIP in-office bar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides VIP guest service by taking phone reservations for rooms, restaurants and entertainment; determines comp qualifications for casino guests.
- Walk the casino floor to meet and greet new and established guests.
- Answer calls and process requests from guests. Make, return and follow up on calls to maintain proper communication with guests, and departmental staff.
- Use a computer to enter VIP reservations, limo requests, amenity requests, event reservations, hotel check in/out and evaluate tracked play.
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
- Handles VIP check-in and check-out.
- Offers Executive Casino Host support.
- VIP event telemarketing.
- Responsible for stocking VIP in-office bar.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Troubleshoot guest’s concerns regarding data entered into our tracking system, answer questions and offer assistance to provide guest satisfaction.
- Relay accurate information to guests regarding hours of operation, Hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Casino experience is required.
- Previous hotel reservation experience preferred.
- Previous casino marketing experiences a plus.
- Four- six months practical experience; any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and presentation skills.
- Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions through decisive judgment. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Must obtain and maintain appropriate licensing with the Nevada Gaming Board and Alcohol Awareness Card .
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook; expert in Excel.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees and others.
- Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Casino Marketing
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 2